Wednesday 25 April 2012

The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Tesla coils

(credits: Walt Disney pictures)

I developed Houdini tool which creates set of electrical arcs between geometry. Tool (Digital asset) is also able to create same effect between particles as well! (see end of video). Tool has 2 main
components: Source and Target. Source and Target might be literally anything, tool will do the rest. Beside Source and Target user is able to control smoothness, divisions, color and number of el. arcs per second.

Double Negative developed awesome, simmilar (more complex, of course :) tool for The Sorcerer's Apprentice Tesla coils scene also in Houdini (source:fxguide.com). Video explains basic workflow. Tool is free! Whoever is interested just let me know. Hope you like it. If you watch in full screen turn SCALING ON at top right corner)


This procedural simulation is digital asset, meaning it`s fully customisable and adaptable to almost any production pipeline. If you think this could be useful for your studio pipeline, contact me personally.

4 comments:

  1. helLo SiR
    This EFFECT is so FANTASTIC
    and I Love alL Your works
    wiLl YoU Please TelL me HOw ShOUld i do
    plzzzzz SIR
    my EMAIL id is :-ajayramanpisharody@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI,Borko.
    nice simulation!
    I like this effect!
    IS it too late to ask you to show me more detail.
    Thanks very much!!!
    wateryfield@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete